Frequently Asked Questions

What kinds of cases appear on this site?

“Cold case” on this site means an investigation into a homicide, missing person, or unidentified person case that has remained unsolved for at least five years after the crime occurred, the person went missing, or the unidentified body was found, whichever occurred last.

I have information but I wish to remain anonymous.

You may submit your tip without a name, phone number, or email. If you have any information on a crime, do not take action on your own! Please report your information to law enforcement by completing the form below or by contacting the reporting agency.

Please provide any available information you have concerning the incident you are reporting on. Any details, even minor ones, may prove beneficial to this case and may assist the representatives of the agency in following up on your tip.

How do I share cases?

You can share a case on social media using the share buttons at the bottom of the screen.

How do I send a tip?

To submit a tip involving one of the unsolved cases on this website, please click the “Send a Tip” button provided on the detailed page for that case or contact the local law enforcement agency investigating the case.

To request an unsolved case be included on this website, please contact the local law enforcement agency investigating the case.

How do I search this site?

Using the search feature found on every page, you can search by name, case type, location, date, and reporting agency.

What does Case Closed mean?

Under certain conditions, aspects outside law enforcement’s control prevent an agency from arresting and formally charging the offender.  Should these conditions be met, the agency can close the offense with exceptions.  Those exceptions can include:

  • Closed – Exception, Death of Offender
  • Closed – Exception, Prosecution Declined
  • Closed – Exception, Extradition Denied

If you see a case is closed and you have additional information regarding that case, please contact the investigating officer.

I have an idea that will improve this site, who do I contact?

Please use the Site Feedback form to pass on your ideas.